Missing pictures with reimported points

Peter Mueller shared this problem 2 months ago
Solved

Hi,

I have recently exported as GPX all my Locus points as a backup. Yesterday I reinstalled the app and imported again all the points ... But the pictures are missing... Even If I want to import the exported pictures from the exported folder - this don't work - see attached screenshot.

Please help

Replies (5)

photo

Hello Peter,

just today we discussed, that support for attached images is not perfectly working and needs some improvements, sorry for this.

For a simple backup/restore, a lot more reliable is using a Backup manager feature integrated into the app. But even here, you won't get images restored correctly as they are not part of the backup process.

If you made a basic GPX export, then you get a plain text GPX file without images. To make it work after restoration, you have to manually backup and restore your images to the appropriate location. In the point detail, you probably see an empty rectangle where the image should be visible, right? Tap on it and it the toolbar choose "Details". Here, you should see the full path where the app expects images, so it is a place, where you should restore your images.

Hope this helps and sorry this is so complicated for now.

photo

Hi, when I tap on the rectangle I see only the file name without a path ... See screenshot

Best

photo

In the edit mode > yes. But return one step back to the detail of the point (not editing screen). Here tap on the image (empty rectangle maybe with some error message), like you normally do when you want to see an image itself.

photo

Ok thanks, is it planned to fix this. Should not be a big issue to import the pictures from the backup filder to the correct target folder. Should be a S or M story ;)

photo

Also Cloud Synch is not synching the pictures... Then where is the sence of the cloud and Gold subscription option???

Leave a Comment

Attach a file