LKS94 projection - HOW TO?

Linas Pečkys shared this question 2 months ago
Answered

Hello,

I want to be able to input points coordinates in LKS94 coordinate system format. I see no LKS94 available by default. I work everyday with locus. Can You help me with this step by step?

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Linas,

here should help advanced option to set a custom coordinate system. Please check our manual here.

In your case, you should add a line with

1|3346|LKS94|EPSG:3346|Lithuania
I've not tested it!, but it should work. Let me know.

photo

But I can't find config_projections.cfg file's location. What is the path to it?

photo

This resides in the Locus root folder, If you have a standard installation, this would be /Android/data/menion.android.locus/files.

photo

Well strange but system does not allow me to create menion.android.locus folder... Any ideas?

photo

And here it starts to be complicated if you are not skilled with the latest Android (11+) changes.

Access to the app's root default directory is prohibited on Android 11+. So basically, you have two options:

• I personally connect my phone to my PC and these directories are then accessible in the "File transfer" mode
  • or you may move the app root directory to the "Android/media" (over the app settings > Backup & Filesystem > File system manager > Set the main directory". Then most Android file browsers should work without a problem

photo

Ok, so for any reason seems no file manager app could do this, so I used PC and all was easy! Everything works. Awesome. Thank You!

photo
photo

P.S., it would be great if You could add in app feature to enter line like in config_projections.cfg, so that no deep browsing would be required for users. Just a suggestion...

Leave a Comment

Attach a file