Locus Map web - lon and lat are separate fields

vsespb shared this question 26 days ago
Need Answer

In locus map web one can view point and view and copy to clipboard Lat and Lon of this point.

Most of the time Lat and Lon needed to copy to another software and needed as one field. Like "36.553775,32.860107". Actually I don't see case when one need Lon and Lat as separate fields.

More than that - if you need it to copy paste to another software - it's a huge pain. It's often not possible to copy one value, get back and copy another value and edit it (probably remove "E" and "N" and insert comma between) as at this time input box in recipient software get corrupted (with autocomplete feature etc), so best way to copy is to open notepad, copy one value and another, merge and edit it properly and then copy again.

Also it's looks like it's the main function of viewing point detail - to get point coords. And it's implemented in this inconvenient (imho) way.

Replies (1)

photo

Ahhh, you mentioned LM web - I tried the app ...

Hmm, I just had a look at a point detail, long pressed "Coordinates", which triggered a message ""Text copied to clipboard", and the icon to directly share a single, combined text: "N ..., E ..."

And the text in the Android clipboard is exactly the same (combined).

Are you using old Locus 3 maybe?

photo

I am talking about web version.

photo

I noticed, as mentioned in my edit.

Meanwhile I tried LM web, too.

Just got into "EDIT" and found both values in one field ready to copy/paste.

photo

If the format you need is a different one, you can edit directly in LM web, then copy, BUT do NOT save.

photo

thanks, good workaroud

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file