Select points of interest categories on the map

Eric Poiraud shared this question 2 months ago
Answered

Hello

I'm a new user to locus map 4 and I would like to always see the points of interest depending on their categories.

For example, I would like to always see the camping areas near my route.

I know how to see them by filtering on the category of Lopoints, but every now and then the poi disappear and I need to show again all the categories I want

Is there a solution ?

Thanks

Eric

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Eric, maybe check the Tapio theme combined with an OpenAndoMap of the area you want. There is a lot of checkboxes for a wide range of categories; I haven't checked, but one may incorporate camping.

photo

Eric - screen cap of part of Tapio theme - nothing specific setting for camping but it may be part of "accommodation". You could check with @Tapio - nice guy.

afc075d198b9683919bfc7105371d4d9

photo

Hi Andrew

Thanks a lot for your answers !

I will need to try this, but it seems there is the need of a pc to install themes. As I'm travelling back tomorrow I will try next week before next travel

Eric

photo

on Tapio's "home theme" page, there is an "Install latest" button, so you can magically install direct to device without needing an intermediate PC

https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=8518.msg72380#msg72380

97cdb6daaea0b1ad41c7badebb96f424

photo
photo

Thanks a lot Andrew

I managed to install the map and the tapiola theme, and finally I found that the element theme is very nice, much better than the LoMaps

photo

That's the great thing with LM - a system where 3rd parties can offer their own themes; each has their +/- points. I link a different theme with each of my presets.

photo

Hi, the theme only determines which POIs will be displayed as a part of the map render. LoPoints are dynamic POIs with metadata.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file