How to avoid "screen center" is moved when tapping a point?

Georg D shared this question 50 days ago
Answered

In Locus 4.25.1, even if the cross indicating "screen center" is very nearby a point like here

106fcbd24f563cb0a1f173f77726f7a4

tapping that point will move the screen center to the point's position instead of leaving as it did in Locus 3.70.11, so I loose the position I worked out e.g. in Satellite map or in another application, and need to work it out again.

How can I configure Locus 4 to behave like Locus 3? Or at least make Locus ask for confirmation before changing screen center?

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Georg,

tapping a point in Locus Map 4 aligns it with the screen center. If you need to maintain your location centered, long-press the centering button and your former location will be re-centered after a few seconds (more at https://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:maps_mainscr_ctrl#centering)

"How can I configure Locus 4 to behave like Locus 3?"

- both apps are quite different but many settings from LMC can be copied to LM4 via backup manager. Open the backup manager in LMC > create a manual backup of your settings > restore the backup file in LM4. More at https://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:settings:backup_fsys#backup_manager

photo

Hi Michal,

locking the center on my GPS position is not my need – I want the current center to stay centered, and it may be GPS or a point or an abitrary position produced by panning around. In last 3 weeks I spent so much time to restore center points that this Locus v4 behavior alone is currently reason enough for me to go back from Locus 4 Gold to 3 Pro...

I'm confused. I understood your 1st paragraph that Locus v4 cannot be made to stick in a poosition, while your 2nd paragraph suggests by backing up Locus3 settings and restoring in Locus4 I could make Locus4 to stick at a position?! πŸ€·β€β™‚

photo

ping πŸ™‚

photo

Not possible.

As a workaround, you could create a (temporary) point at the cursor position. This is very easy with the "quick new point" function. You can then click on it at any time to return to your desired position.

photo

That's bad news πŸ™

I made the switch from Locus 3 to 4 around 2.5 months ago and I am still surprised by sudden change of screen center and my workflows are interrupted. I really advocate a setting for this. Quick new point is not really a workaround, because it does not speed up many tasks, e.g. setting screen center as location of existing point, or keeping location for search around position. Best known workaround is to zoom in a lot, so shift of position is minimal, and after the action zoom out again – but doing that 10-50 times a day feels cumbersome.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file