Galaxy Watch 6 Classic no heart rate

Piotr Tymiński shared this question 19 days ago
Answered

Have someone managed to get any heart rate reading from Galaxy Watch 6 Classic? Mine connects to Locus but I always get "no proper data" message in Locus. Old GalaxyFit2 smartband connects and works properly but Watch 6 eludes me...

Yeah, Samsung is a pain, that's for sure. To get Locus actually into seeing the wearable device one needs to disconnect in Wear app on the phone, otherwise Samsung just grabs BT connection for itself and makes devices invisible for Locus. One needs to connect via "plain" BT, not via Wear app.

Replies (1)

photo

Hi,

connect the watch via Locus Map Watch app. It is not possible to connect it as a sensor only.

photo

Connecting the watch via Locus Map Watch app just just turns the watch into an external display for Locus Map on the phone, as it was intended to do but it doesn not change anything in ters of visibility of sensors. "No proper data" , as usual.

I come to conclusion that Galaxy Watch 6 refuses to work with Locus flat out. Or the other way around:).

photo

Connecting the watch via the Locus Map Watch app does not connect it as a sensor in the sensor manager. But it can record your heart rate.

photo

Yes, this is at least something. A pity though it cannot display HR in real time, like it can do with, say, ancient Samsung GalaxyFit2 smartband. I wonder if it's Samsung limitation (perfectly possible) or WearOS problem?

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file