Navigational commands too soon

Frank Stokvis shared this question 10 days ago
Answered

When I'm hiking, navigational commands are given 10-20m before the actual hint point (navigation is in hiking mode). This makes navigating confusing, especially when there are subsequent hint points. Is there a way to adjust this distance?

Locus Map Classic 3.70.11

Replies (4)

photo

In the Locus main directory there is the configuration file config.cfg

Open it with a text editor, in the section # NAVIGATION you can adjust the time values (in seconds). Set a larger/lower value for navigation_announcements_times=15 (instead of 15 seconds). Don't forget to save the file after editing. Try out which value suits you better.

# Times before the command when Locus notifies (in seconds), default is: 15|35|300

navigation_announcements_times=15

However, it always depends on the accuracy of the GPS. If this deviates by 20 or more meters (e.g. in the forest or in heavy cloud cover), the instruction can still come too late or much too early. For me, the value 15 usually works well.

photo

It also works very well for me with 15s. But I always have the phone attached to the outside of my backpack. This gives it optimum reception. Magnets or metals can also interfere with GPS reception. Look where your receiver is mounted on the phone and make sure you have a clear view of the sky.
If you only write 15 you will only get an announcement. Or 15|30 then you get 2 announcements.

photo

I do not have a config.cfg file in my menion.android.locus.pro folder, only config_projections.cfg, which does not have a navigation section.

photo

It should be there normally. Reinstall if necessary. But make a backup to the cloud first. Have you also added pictures. Then copy the entire Locus folder to the PC.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file