Bad Parking

Waldemar Wawoczny shared this problem 17 days ago
In Progress

Hi,
I used Parking when I was picking mushrooms, Guidance worked quite well.

Today I wanted to test it while riding my bike and a tragedy happened to me. Instead of Guidance, I used navigation and was very surprised when I went into the planner to design a route to the parking lot. If I was in an unfamiliar area, it would take forever and would be completely absurd.

"Guidance" also works badly now: the screen goes crazy, even though I kept setting it like in navigation, and the messages appeared when I was already in the parking lot.

Parking should be simple "like building a flail" - I have a parking point, press navigation or Guidance, and the app guides me like on a string. And Locus doesn't have that.

Regards
waldek

Files: pic0.png

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Waldek,

1) navigation to the parking spot - there is a problem not because the route planner is launched ("navigate to" always starts with the route planner so that you can tune the route before the navigation starts) but because the route planner puts the parking on the start position instead of the target position - I'll forward this to Menion

2) ""Guidance" also works badly now: the screen goes crazy, even though I kept setting it like in navigation, and the messages appeared when I was already in the parking lot." - could you please be more precise in your descriptions? What is "goes crazy"? "Messages appeared" - what messages?

"Parking should be simple" - it is simple and works like you describe except the problem mentioned in 1)

photo

Hi,
While driving the map would rotate at any angle in quick movements.

Two taps on the screen would cause the map to "freeze" for a moment (like in navigation), but after a moment the map would start shaking and rotating again.

It was frustrating.

photo

You have probably turned on the map rotation according to the phone's HW compass. When mounted on handlebars or in the presence of a magnet (magnetic clip, a case with magnetic closing), it malfunctions due to interference. Turn map rotation by the HW compass OFF and use rotation by the GPS. More at https://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:settings:gps#map_rotation_mode.

photo

Hi,
it was indeed a hardware compass here, because I used the parking lot mostly in the forest (mushroom picking).
Well, when there is "Guidance" you prefer a hardware compass, and when cycling - GPS.

But the parking lot has the advantage that you can use it while hiking or cycling.
And what to set? compass or GPS?

waldek

photo

The map rotation is independent of any feature or activity. It's up to you when you turn it on. You can let Locus Map turn it on automatically during navigation via a preset linked to navigation.

Generally, for hiking, we can recommend an HW compass or auto-change (based on the speed). For biking it is GPS-oriented rotation.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file