Hopefully, we can add 3D map functionality to our excellent LocusMap

Bakee shared this idea 40 hours ago
Gathering feedback

Hi,

Locusmap is already very professional, but there is still a small regret. Some groups often engage in outdoor activities in areas with complex terrain. Although contour maps can help to judge the terrain, it's difficult for all of our users to be experienced enough to interpret contour lines and determine a safer route. If a 3D satellite view could be provided for more intuitive terrain visualization, it would greatly enhance safety and ease of use when choosing outdoor routes (as shown in the picture below). I believe the development team is capable of implementing this, and I sincerely hope that Locusmap can add a 3D display feature. Please consider this seriously, and thank you.a10b15982244349cae700eabcf3b8e29

Replies (3)

photo

The search facility of this help forum is pretty hopeless - I tried searching for topics already asking for 3D (including mine) - but gave up - there have been many requests for 3D over the years ;-( The best I can suggest is to export from Locus as KML then import into Google Earth. Works really well.

photo

The Google Earth workaround is not really a solution while hiking...

Leave a Comment

Attach a file