Favorites maps

hi_ulm shared this idea 7 days ago
Declined

Hello,

Locus Map Classic is has become a good fellow for my voyages, therefore i have bought meanwhile 71 Lomaps - most of them outdated, but i want to have them all on my smartphone for quick looks at foreign towns that i once visited when they occur in news. Afterwords it takes some time to find my home map again.

My proposal: if one could mark maps and Lopoint-collections as favorites, some nasty time could be saved

With kind regards

K.H. Hoffmann

Replies (3)

photo

There will be no more improvements in Classic. Development on Classic ended years ago. It is now only in maintenance mode. That means only bugs are being fixed. But even that will end at some point.
Therefore I recommend switching to Locus Map 4. It is much better and represents the future. You get silver for free for one year. But you can go back to classic at any time.

photo

if presets featured ability to choose lopoints collections, then presets would fix this, which does sound sensible

ie selecting a skiing map, you might want ski related poi categories showing

i have lots of lopoints categories i only use when im using osmmaps....

photo
photo

I am also a big fan of LM4 if you take the gold version for 24€ you have unlimited LoMaps included 😉

photo

Hi guys,

Locus Classic > yes, nothing more to write about it.

Anyway maps > firstly, you should not need to select vector map manually. Automatic-loading of vector maps should work correctly.

Favorite maps > generally, current "Map manager" is probably the worst (most complicated) screen in the app and I'm almost sure, we will be redesigning it next year. So I'm declining this idea, because I believe, such feature should not be necessary in properly designed map manager screen.

photo

Could map manager upgrade be part of "trips" feature, i you create a "trip" that has a specific map assigned to it., set of lopoint categories, and tracks/datapoints....

or perhaps a preset could open specific map and also a trip....

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file