How to donate some money for Locus Map Classic?

Wolfgang shared this question 4 days ago
Answered

Hi,

I really like Locus Map, but I don't like subscriptions...

I bought Locus Map Pro many years ago, but I realize that the development over the years and the ongoing maintenance of Locus Map Classic is a big expense for you.

I am very satisfied with the functionality of Locus Map 3 Classic and I would like to donate some money for further maintenance.

As I wrote I don't like subscriptions, but how could I donate for the maintenance of Locus Map Classic?

Replies (3)

photo

I think the easiest way would be to buy Locus Map 4 as a one-time purchase. See FAQ in https://www.locusmap.app/premium/

"I don't like subscriptions. Is there any other purchase option?

Yes, there are one-time purchases for the Silver and Gold plans. You buy a time period (three months or one year), and use the app in Premium mode. When the period expires, the app turns into basic mode. No automatic renewal, no more payment, you have all under your control. ... "

This way you donate some money to Assam, risk-free and without a subscription, and you can also try out the LM4 version without obligation.

photo

I don't like subscriptions - does it make sense to support Assam via a subscription?

I don't want to support just anyone, I want to explicitly support the maintenance of Locus Map 3 Classic.

My intention is to motivate Menion to continue maintaining Locus Map 3 Classic, even if he doesn't earn any money with it (but with the subscriptions...).

I think donating for the maintenance would be a possibility.

photo

Hello Wolfgang,

as Michal already wrote, thanks.

Anyway, Locus Classic is really a pain for me to keep it working. It was visible last week with the version that caused a big problem at the start.

So, there is absolutely no chance convincing me for a longer maintenance window, sorry.

photo
photo

As a Classic user, you get Silver for free for a year. After that, you can go back to Classic. You can also go back earlier.

photo

@freischneider:Yes, but he wants to donate something and not get it for free ;)

photo
photo

Hi Wolfgang,

thank you for your kind intentions but there is no other way to donate than by purchasing or subscribing to our products and services. Maintenance of Locus Map 3 Classic is paid for by customers who support the development of Locus Map 4 - by Premium subscriptions or purchases. If you "don't like subscriptions", you can purchase one-off Premium packages for three months or one year or buy Premium vouchers at http://www.locusmap.app/voucher.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file