are you sure the images do not download when you start GC Offlinizer? I've tested it and the only problem seems to be the announcement that says "no images to download". However, the images are downloaded. Anyways, I've informed the devs about this discrepancy.
Hi Wolfgang,
are you sure the images do not download when you start GC Offlinizer? I've tested it and the only problem seems to be the announcement that says "no images to download". However, the images are downloaded. Anyways, I've informed the devs about this discrepancy.
Wolfgang, I've tested it again with the latest beta 4.35.0.8. I can't see any problem: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ElggZ4yzih32i953xAfi2dabpQY-KJZk/view?usp=sharing. Am I doing anything differently? Apart from the fact that I don't use Geocaching4Locus, as it hasn't been updated for over two years, I prefer Locus's built-in cache update.
Wolfgang, I've tested it again with the latest beta 4.35.0.8. I can't see any problem: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ElggZ4yzih32i953xAfi2dabpQY-KJZk/view?usp=sharing. Am I doing anything differently? Apart from the fact that I don't use Geocaching4Locus, as it hasn't been updated for over two years, I prefer Locus's built-in cache update.
I tried it myself using Locus built-in Offlinizer, and all 2 images got loaded.
I think the "problem" here is the following: Depending on the source from where the GC got imported into Locus the info if images are attached to a GC listing is missing: It is missing if GC got imported by a GPX-file or a PQ. It is present if the GC is imported by Locus' Livemap or "Search by GC code".
=> If imported by GPX/PQ, user first have to click onto "Update geocache" which loads the info if there are any attached images. After that the images itself are downloaded by use of GC-Offlinizer. => maybe an improvement of GC-Offlinizer would be if Locus automatically first "Updates Geocaches" before fetching its images (cause not every Locus Geocacher knows about that he must update Geocache before to get attached images downloaded)
I tried it myself using Locus built-in Offlinizer, and all 2 images got loaded.
I think the "problem" here is the following: Depending on the source from where the GC got imported into Locus the info if images are attached to a GC listing is missing: It is missing if GC got imported by a GPX-file or a PQ. It is present if the GC is imported by Locus' Livemap or "Search by GC code".
=> If imported by GPX/PQ, user first have to click onto "Update geocache" which loads the info if there are any attached images. After that the images itself are downloaded by use of GC-Offlinizer. => maybe an improvement of GC-Offlinizer would be if Locus automatically first "Updates Geocaches" before fetching its images (cause not every Locus Geocacher knows about that he must update Geocache before to get attached images downloaded)
The next beta release will add a new checkbox in the GC Offlinizer dialog, right below "Use Geocaching Live". Enabling it (in addition to Live API) will make the offlinizer also fetch a cache's gallery images — like the 7-image gallery on GC9KVJR that wasn't being detected before.
Hi all,
The next beta release will add a new checkbox in the GC Offlinizer dialog, right below "Use Geocaching Live". Enabling it (in addition to Live API) will make the offlinizer also fetch a cache's gallery images — like the 7-image gallery on GC9KVJR that wasn't being detected before.
Thanks Michal, nice to hear that Offlinizer is going to be improved to even fetch gallery-images!
But this will not solve the exact problem discussed here, which is not about gallery images (7 in GC9KVJR ) - but about attached listing images (2 in GC9KVJR - which are different from the 7). The supposed problem here has been, that user didn't have updated the geocache. Fetching the 2 images is already possible with actual Offlinizer.
I also provided an idea in my former post how Gc-Offlinizer could be improved to fix the issue being talked in this thread (= first updating Caches by GC-Live-Api automatically after user pressed "GC Offlinzer"-command)
Thanks Michal, nice to hear that Offlinizer is going to be improved to even fetch gallery-images!
But this will not solve the exact problem discussed here, which is not about gallery images (7 in GC9KVJR ) - but about attached listing images (2 in GC9KVJR - which are different from the 7). The supposed problem here has been, that user didn't have updated the geocache. Fetching the 2 images is already possible with actual Offlinizer.
I also provided an idea in my former post how Gc-Offlinizer could be improved to fix the issue being talked in this thread (= first updating Caches by GC-Live-Api automatically after user pressed "GC Offlinzer"-command)
When the geocache is updated with the Locus Map's built-in "update geocache" command, no attached images are loaded. Then GC Offlinizer loads no images. Only if you use the "update geocache" command from the Geocaching4Locus add-on then GC Offlinizer loads the 2 images. The new GC Offlinizer should cover all images associated with the geocache.
When the geocache is updated with the Locus Map's built-in "update geocache" command, no attached images are loaded. Then GC Offlinizer loads no images. Only if you use the "update geocache" command from the Geocaching4Locus add-on then GC Offlinizer loads the 2 images. The new GC Offlinizer should cover all images associated with the geocache.
That is not "the whole truth" ;-) As written in my former messages I successfully can load attached images by GC-Offlinizer by setting switch "Download all images via Live API" - if I'm using built-in "update geocache" before. This way i'm preparing all GC-images (internal and attached) for outdoor's offline use since many years... Since Menion has developed GC-Offlinizer - I'm sure he will confirm ;-)
That is not "the whole truth" ;-) As written in my former messages I successfully can load attached images by GC-Offlinizer by setting switch "Download all images via Live API" - if I'm using built-in "update geocache" before. This way i'm preparing all GC-images (internal and attached) for outdoor's offline use since many years... Since Menion has developed GC-Offlinizer - I'm sure he will confirm ;-)
Hi, I think offlinizer is already quite slow for a bigger amount of caches. With the "update". it will be even slower. And updated cache also does not get all images. Only using "Use Live API" checkbox you can get everything. And this option is independent on fact, how old or incomplete data you have. So the solution > use the "Use Live API" and you always have all available images.
Hi, I think offlinizer is already quite slow for a bigger amount of caches. With the "update". it will be even slower. And updated cache also does not get all images. Only using "Use Live API" checkbox you can get everything. And this option is independent on fact, how old or incomplete data you have. So the solution > use the "Use Live API" and you always have all available images.
Thanks Menion for clarifying. I didn't notice that GC-Offlinizer had been improved somewhen in the past, so that "update geocache" isn't necessary anymore - even if I've loaded the GC via GPX or PQ before. That's great! So I think there's no need to improve Offlinizer anymore, people just have to make sure that "Use Live API" is ON.
(But maybe an optional load of Gallery images like introduced by Michal Stupka indeed makes sense- but optionally just in low resolution for download speed reason. During Geocaching I sometimes have to open a GC's gallery to search for older "Spoiler" images within a past finders' log if I'm in front of a very difficult to find cache. This is not possible if there's no internet on the Cache's spot, and also more convinient to stay in Locus than to have to open a Webbrowser)
Thanks Menion for clarifying. I didn't notice that GC-Offlinizer had been improved somewhen in the past, so that "update geocache" isn't necessary anymore - even if I've loaded the GC via GPX or PQ before. That's great! So I think there's no need to improve Offlinizer anymore, people just have to make sure that "Use Live API" is ON.
(But maybe an optional load of Gallery images like introduced by Michal Stupka indeed makes sense- but optionally just in low resolution for download speed reason. During Geocaching I sometimes have to open a GC's gallery to search for older "Spoiler" images within a past finders' log if I'm in front of a very difficult to find cache. This is not possible if there's no internet on the Cache's spot, and also more convinient to stay in Locus than to have to open a Webbrowser)
@Menion: I noticed that if I'm deleting a certain Geocache from a folder, as well as deleting all GC-images within data/geocaching and finally even applying "Clear tempory data" => each remains of a Geocache should be deleted. But if I'm loading the same cache by GPX afterwards (which does not contain any info regarding attached images and log images), and my phone is not connected to Internet, Locus however displays place holders + image names of those images (not the image itself). So it seems image Meta-data is stored in some other place. Where? And is a user able to delete this image meta-data theoretically (not that this is wise - just for curiosity ;-)
@Menion: I noticed that if I'm deleting a certain Geocache from a folder, as well as deleting all GC-images within data/geocaching and finally even applying "Clear tempory data" => each remains of a Geocache should be deleted. But if I'm loading the same cache by GPX afterwards (which does not contain any info regarding attached images and log images), and my phone is not connected to Internet, Locus however displays place holders + image names of those images (not the image itself). So it seems image Meta-data is stored in some other place. Where? And is a user able to delete this image meta-data theoretically (not that this is wise - just for curiosity ;-)
After I've implemented this change and Michal wrote "Implemented" post, I finally understood, what I did 😊. These gallery images are identical images from the logs, nothing more. I did not know it before. Problem: now the app allows to download these gallery images over Offlinizer into persistent data/geocaching directory and the screen with logs, download displayed log images into temporary cache in the app. Two places, same data and complicated to unite it propertly. Screen with logs now do not use these downloaded images ...
Why I wrote this? Just to inform, this is probably not a final solution with "Log images/gallery".
Thanks, I'll look at it.
After I've implemented this change and Michal wrote "Implemented" post, I finally understood, what I did 😊. These gallery images are identical images from the logs, nothing more. I did not know it before. Problem: now the app allows to download these gallery images over Offlinizer into persistent data/geocaching directory and the screen with logs, download displayed log images into temporary cache in the app. Two places, same data and complicated to unite it propertly. Screen with logs now do not use these downloaded images ...
Why I wrote this? Just to inform, this is probably not a final solution with "Log images/gallery".
Hi Wolfgang,
are you sure the images do not download when you start GC Offlinizer? I've tested it and the only problem seems to be the announcement that says "no images to download". However, the images are downloaded. Anyways, I've informed the devs about this discrepancy.
Hi Wolfgang,
are you sure the images do not download when you start GC Offlinizer? I've tested it and the only problem seems to be the announcement that says "no images to download". However, the images are downloaded. Anyways, I've informed the devs about this discrepancy.
Hi Michal
please watch screencast
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/c55fii39llvcw7bmvxqqn/Offlinicer.mp4?rlkey=q4gspuqk7861ezpkmb6qvqxzm&dl=0
Hi Michal
please watch screencast
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/c55fii39llvcw7bmvxqqn/Offlinicer.mp4?rlkey=q4gspuqk7861ezpkmb6qvqxzm&dl=0
Wolfgang, I've tested it again with the latest beta 4.35.0.8. I can't see any problem: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ElggZ4yzih32i953xAfi2dabpQY-KJZk/view?usp=sharing. Am I doing anything differently? Apart from the fact that I don't use Geocaching4Locus, as it hasn't been updated for over two years, I prefer Locus's built-in cache update.
Wolfgang, I've tested it again with the latest beta 4.35.0.8. I can't see any problem: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ElggZ4yzih32i953xAfi2dabpQY-KJZk/view?usp=sharing. Am I doing anything differently? Apart from the fact that I don't use Geocaching4Locus, as it hasn't been updated for over two years, I prefer Locus's built-in cache update.
Hi Michal,
The problem seems to occur only at
https://coord.info/GC9KVJR
for other caches, including the one in your example, the Offlinizer works fine for me.
Hi Michal,
The problem seems to occur only at
https://coord.info/GC9KVJR
for other caches, including the one in your example, the Offlinizer works fine for me.
Hi Wolfgang,
the geocache GC9KVJR contains no pictures:
Hi Wolfgang,
the geocache GC9KVJR contains no pictures:
Hi Michal,
This isn't about listing images, but about additional images offered via a link.
Hi Michal,
This isn't about listing images, but about additional images offered via a link.
I tried it myself using Locus built-in Offlinizer, and all 2 images got loaded.
I think the "problem" here is the following: Depending on the source from where the GC got imported into Locus the info if images are attached to a GC listing is missing: It is missing if GC got imported by a GPX-file or a PQ. It is present if the GC is imported by Locus' Livemap or "Search by GC code".
=> If imported by GPX/PQ, user first have to click onto "Update geocache" which loads the info if there are any attached images. After that the images itself are downloaded by use of GC-Offlinizer.
=> maybe an improvement of GC-Offlinizer would be if Locus automatically first "Updates Geocaches" before fetching its images (cause not every Locus Geocacher knows about that he must update Geocache before to get attached images downloaded)
I tried it myself using Locus built-in Offlinizer, and all 2 images got loaded.
I think the "problem" here is the following: Depending on the source from where the GC got imported into Locus the info if images are attached to a GC listing is missing: It is missing if GC got imported by a GPX-file or a PQ. It is present if the GC is imported by Locus' Livemap or "Search by GC code".
=> If imported by GPX/PQ, user first have to click onto "Update geocache" which loads the info if there are any attached images. After that the images itself are downloaded by use of GC-Offlinizer.
=> maybe an improvement of GC-Offlinizer would be if Locus automatically first "Updates Geocaches" before fetching its images (cause not every Locus Geocacher knows about that he must update Geocache before to get attached images downloaded)
Hi all,
The next beta release will add a new checkbox in the GC Offlinizer dialog, right below "Use Geocaching Live". Enabling it (in addition to Live API) will make the offlinizer also fetch a cache's gallery images — like the 7-image gallery on GC9KVJR that wasn't being detected before.
Hi all,
The next beta release will add a new checkbox in the GC Offlinizer dialog, right below "Use Geocaching Live". Enabling it (in addition to Live API) will make the offlinizer also fetch a cache's gallery images — like the 7-image gallery on GC9KVJR that wasn't being detected before.
Thanks Michal, nice to hear that Offlinizer is going to be improved to even fetch gallery-images!
But this will not solve the exact problem discussed here, which is not about gallery images (7 in GC9KVJR ) - but about attached listing images (2 in GC9KVJR - which are different from the 7). The supposed problem here has been, that user didn't have updated the geocache. Fetching the 2 images is already possible with actual Offlinizer.
I also provided an idea in my former post how Gc-Offlinizer could be improved to fix the issue being talked in this thread (= first updating Caches by GC-Live-Api automatically after user pressed "GC Offlinzer"-command)
Thanks Michal, nice to hear that Offlinizer is going to be improved to even fetch gallery-images!
But this will not solve the exact problem discussed here, which is not about gallery images (7 in GC9KVJR ) - but about attached listing images (2 in GC9KVJR - which are different from the 7). The supposed problem here has been, that user didn't have updated the geocache. Fetching the 2 images is already possible with actual Offlinizer.
I also provided an idea in my former post how Gc-Offlinizer could be improved to fix the issue being talked in this thread (= first updating Caches by GC-Live-Api automatically after user pressed "GC Offlinzer"-command)
Fine guys > recent change and more about "work with GC images" here.
Fine guys > recent change and more about "work with GC images" here.
Replies have been locked on this page!