switching between presets removes functionality "Hold map center"
Not a Problem
I have several presets, in which i switch between maps with the setting 'Default map'. A second setting is the centering to the gps position called "Hold map center".
Say i have preset A with "Hold map center" on and preset B with "Hold map center" off.
Start with preset A: centering to gps works as expected.
Switch to B, centering is turned off, as expected.
Move the map around to explore and then switch back to preset A:
centering to gps does not work any more. The Button for "Hold map center" is in the right state, but the functionality is gone.
The same problem
Hi Luigi,
I've set the phone exactly according to your instructions: preset 1 with "hold center on" and preset 2 with "hold center off". I switched between them and when returning to preset 1, the "hold center" works as expected. Check the video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f8mNvSPMuR8GXVVRzQOpxJCelYIsfSMH/view?usp=sharing. Did I do something differently?
Hi Luigi,
I've set the phone exactly according to your instructions: preset 1 with "hold center on" and preset 2 with "hold center off". I switched between them and when returning to preset 1, the "hold center" works as expected. Check the video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f8mNvSPMuR8GXVVRzQOpxJCelYIsfSMH/view?usp=sharing. Did I do something differently?
Hi Michal,
as far as i can see, you are doing the same as me.
I now played around a while with the settings and found out that it's working as expected, when i add the setting "Center Map" from Special to my Preset, where "Hold map center" is on. What is a little surprising, because this setting is about the center of the map and not setting gps position to the center. But it seems that this setting makes my map moveable again.
Hi Michal,
as far as i can see, you are doing the same as me.
I now played around a while with the settings and found out that it's working as expected, when i add the setting "Center Map" from Special to my Preset, where "Hold map center" is on. What is a little surprising, because this setting is about the center of the map and not setting gps position to the center. But it seems that this setting makes my map moveable again.
Another thing to mention: i switch between an online map and an offline map with my settings. Here is the other preset:
Another thing to mention: i switch between an online map and an offline map with my settings. Here is the other preset:
The used map does not affect the center map/hold map center features. Anyway, thanks for your observations.
The used map does not affect the center map/hold map center features. Anyway, thanks for your observations.
Replies have been locked on this page!