Something changed with the new 2.7 release, so I have been forced to study icons a bit. Here`s a list of questions that I have in order to display custom (= me) icons on my screen.
1) Is it so, that icons in *.KMZ files will not be re-sized according to map zoom or icon size (small/medium/big/huge) settings?
2) Is it so, that my icons in Locus/icons/xxx.zip are "normalized" to 32x32 pixels? And that map zoom and icon size settings will re-size them?
3) Is it possible to set a category icon so that it will be used for every point in the category? If yes, there is a possible contradiction, if the point has been assigned an individual icon???
4) Is it possible to reference Locus/icons/xxx.zip/myicon.png from a *.KML file?
5) Is it possible to reference inbuild Locus icons from a *.KML file?