Addon/API for Dashboard to display custom data
Let's they you want to have cool things on your dashboard which are not supported by locus. There would be 2 solutions:
- Add an overlay and check if somebody did close the dashboard by check UI content
- New dashboard components which are updateable over API
Why do I request it?
Well, I like my elevation change calculation (http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/threshold-for-altitude-changes) so much that I want to keep it because the amount of customization on your own pressure value analytic software can never be implemented in locus without losing some features of it.
And now I would like to include the calculation result into my dashboard.
For me it's easy to do this as a overlay because I do only need to support my own dashboard. This is my todo list for this solution
- place an overlay on top of the locus elevation
- close the overlay if I use my hardware button dashboard toogle
- close the overlay if you touch it in case that I close the dashboard without my hardware button
- listen for elevation changes from locus to add them as offset to my own elevation change overlay value because it is to expensive to calculate it every time:sensordata line offset is to complicated becase there is more then one sensor output file.read all files untill offset is reached is not an option because skipping 300.000 lines is still an expensive IO operation
- full recalculation of the overlay every 2 hours because difference between my advance calculation and the basic locus altitude calculation isn't that much after 1 hour.
I do just ask about this because I want to know if an API support of Dashboard updates would be usefull for 2018. Because if this will not be implemented this year, I will create the overlay solution.