Copy point URL to clipboard: Counterintuitive and circumstantial path to this function
If I want to "quick share" a point in order to copy its Google Maps URL to the clipboard, I find it counterintuitive and slightly circumstantial having to do the following steps:
I add my thoughts in brackets to make it clearer ;)
- Click on the "Share" symbol on the menü icon bar at the bottom of the point details screen. (Ok)
- On the context menü that appears, containing only one single item ("Share"), click on "Share" (Again!).
- Choose "Text message" (Huh? I want to copy a Google Maps URL into the clipboard!)
- Choose "Quick Sharing: Google Maps" (Hm...will the Google Maps app open instantly when choosing this? That's not what I want!)
- Choose "Copy to clipboard". (Phew!)
Suggestion: Move the "Quick share" option away from the "Text message" screen and add it as a second menü item to the context menu of the "Share" button at the bottom of the point details screen.
Please consider: The formatting of the Google Maps URL has nothing to do with the formatting that can be entered in the text field on the "Text message" screen. So it seems to be misplaced there anyway.