I would like to propose some features that would add a lot of useful information for tracking your fitness data.
1. Workout Intensity (=Percentage of Heart Rate Reserve %HRR)
The intensity of a workout can be calculated by comparing your current heart rate to your heart rate reserve (HRR). To get one's %HRR you need to know HRrest and HRmax. So 2 further attributes in the personal information section would be necessary. The formula is simple: %HRR = (HRcurrent - HRrest) / (HRmax - HRrest)
2. Training Zones
Based on the %HRR I'd love to see training zones based on the Karvonen method. Here's a list of those zones:
- Zone 6: Speed (anaerobic) = 90-110 %HRR
- Zone 5: Economy (anaerobic) = 80-90 %HRR
- Zone 4: Stamina (aerobic) = 70-80 %HRR
- Zone 3: Endurance (aerobic) = 60-70 %HRR
- Zone 2: Recovery (aerobic) = 50-60 %HRR
- Zone 1: Resting = 30-50 %HRR
This allows you to see roughly how intense you're training currently and if you're working out in aerobic or anaerobic state. This has been incorporated in Stravistix (a Chrome extension to make Strava even more useful). See: https://thomaschampagne.github.io/stravistix/img/screens/activity_xtd_hr_speed.jpg
3. Dashboard Element
Adding a %HRR dashboard element with a zone indicator (Zone 1 to 6 or color based) would just be awesome.