In guidance mode beep correspondingly left or right audio channel when out of course
Guidance feature is great, but has one big drawback in "out-of-course" notifications - no clue where to move next, left or right.
I suggest to slightly extend "beeps" notifications - when I need to go left to be back on course, beep (sound) should go to left audio channel, when right - to right audio channel.
Why that would be a great enhancement? Just consider those two points:
- That would allow to use guidance feature without looking at device - big advantage for all kinds of sports activities
- That would open a whole new are of application - ability to use Locus guidance for autonomous, robotic systems - audio signal to left or right channel could help a machine turn left or right!
To make it easier to develop the feature:
- If it's too hard to send only left or right audio signals, just allow to select different sound to go left and go right
- Map already shows where to go to be back on track, so application should already contain answer for question "left or right"
- When movement stops, beeps should probably go to both channels
Behind the idea
A mobile device with GPS and Locus Maps serve as "brain" - You can completely leave navigation and guidance to this brain. For human use device has great digital-to-analog converter - display!
For machine use, that could be audio out. Almost every phone has headphones jack - another digital-to-analog converter. Why not using it to control GPS driven autonomous systems, e.g. drones, toys, mowers, etc. ?
I hope, You will share my enthusiasm about such small improvement, which would be so much useful!!!