I have offline google earth file around 90gb on an sd card. This file once added to locus map I get a msg successfully added. For 2 days a get msg working!!!!
Good day Alzadjali,
as I think about it based on your description, it looks like Locus Map is stuck on loading of map configuration parameters. It may take a while for average maps (up to around 4 GB), but it will definitely be too much in the map of your size.
Anyway, I think it should be possible to insert necessary data into the map file and skip this "never-ending step". If you are little IT skilled and do not have problems to use any application like "SQLite editor" that allows inserting some necessary information into map file, please let me know.
Good day Menion, yes I Can try to use SQLite editor. Please send me the information.
Hello, fine, let's try it.
1. open your map in any SQLite editor
2. obtain all available zoom levels with this query
SELECT DISTINCT z
ORDER BY z DESC
You should get the list of values.
3. Now put all these values into single text separated by semicolon. So you should get something like 11;10;9;8;7;6;5;4
4. In your map should be table "info". Check if contains a single line with 'minzoom", "maxzoom" etc values. If so simple replace "minzoom" with the biggest number, "maxzoom" with smallest and "zooms" with text above. If there is not such row, insert it manually directly in editor. You should end with something like: "center_x", "center_y" and "provider" values are not important here.
5. After that, copy map back to the device and it should be ready-to-use almost instantly.
Hope it will work, because I never did it manually like this. Let me know :).
did you found a moment to test method I wrote above? If there will be any issue with understanding any step, let me know.
I opened the file and found all the info you gave already in it!
From what I remember, the biggest map I ever tested was maybe around 10 GB. No one ever probably had enough patience to download such a huge map like you :).
I was really sure it is a problem with zoom levels. Hmm ... so current status is? When you start Locus Map, you get "working" dialog that is just still visible and never lost right? Do you want to spend more time on this and try to enable this map? I'm asking also because of me, because it will need at least one special version that will print us some messages to log file so we may find out on which process application is stuck. Also please consider download of LoMaps (from Locus Store) or any other supported vector maps. They will be definitely a lot lot lot smaller.
It works after 12 hours. It just when you install it the first time takes that long. If I delete it and move the map to a different location it loads it very immediately!
I purchased locus Map pro from play store.
I do offroad adventure twice a month and I have used many maps app, yours ranked #1 for all the features and easy of use. I use APRS and works great.
ah so perfect, I'm really glad that is works, uff :).
Please just next time, consider separating maps into more smaller maps or just give a try to mentioned vector maps. They are a lot lot lot smaller.
Have a nice day!
It is satellite map. We drive in the desert and we need this map just incase of emergency.
Thank you for a great app 👍
Comments have been locked on this page!