Refreshing out of date online maps
I`m using Locus for a while right now and I collected quite a lot of tiles during this time. Since some of the tiles are quite old, I realize, that many of them are out of date. This is easy to say, because old and new tiles have a different design and some details are missing.
Now I`d like to refresh selected tiles. Of cause I could delete the whole cache, but this would mean reloading *all* of them. This is of course no good idea - thinking of the map providers...
So I suggest implementing one or more of the following features:
1. A checkbox somewhere on the download tab of the map manager: "Overwrite existing tiles".
2. The download manager could obey the "Maximum age..." setting, which is available in the "Online" Section of the Maps Manager.
3. A possibility to refresh the current view with the online version - something like a function "Update current view with online tiles".
4. Replacing the current (binary) setting "Offline Mode" in "Settings / Map / Extended settings" by a dropdown box with three values:
- "Offline mode"
- "Online - use saved offline tiles if available. Use online tiles otherwise" (This would load tiles only if they are missing - like today)
- "Online - use online tiles if internet is availabe. Use offline tiles otherwise" (This would always load tiles, but allow using maps when internet is not availabe. Suitable for flatrate users...)