SOS Emergency: how to broadcast my GPS position?
In case of emergency, is there a convenient way in Locus Map to send my GPS position to my friends / family?
Let's assume I do an easy hike I didn't activate the live tracking function nor location sharing in Goggle Map. Then let's say something unforeseen happened, I would like to send my current GPS position via SMS text to my buddies. Let's assume phone reception works OK. Currently, here is what I do:
- Center the map (lower left icon)
- Long press on the current point to popup the context menu
- Expand the context menu, tap on "i Details"
- The Basic Info screen appears, select Share
- Select text message
- Tap on the "+" button, select coordinates (text)
- Tap on the "+" button again, select Google Maps (URL)
- Finally tap on the share button, select the SMS app and send
This works OK, but quite a long process. Less experienced users may get confused by that too many steps. In particular, in case of emergency, we may need to perform that operation quicker.
QUESTION: is there a simpler way? If not, can you add a function "Emergency current position share". Which simply ask which app you want to share (SMS message app in my case), then LocusMap manage to sent the CURRENT position with all the relevant details (Lat/Long, Google Map URL, and whatever you deem necessary for an emergency contact.