Wrong order of Geocaching waypoints
The order of Geocaching waypoints changes when updating a Geocache by "Geocache Live".
- import a Geocache, e.g. multi-cache GC6XAQ8, via GPX import (GPX file was downloaded directly from GPX button in Cache listing)
- observe that the order of waypoints matches exactly the order in the listing (i.e. ordered by waypoint code)
- now update the cache by pressing "Share" button and "Update cache"
- after the update the order of waypoints changed; it doesn't follow the order in the cache listing anymore
The changed order is especially problematic for multi-caches that often have different types of waypoints: stages, reference points, parking areas, trailheads, final location.
The waypoint order is set by the Cache owner in the cache listing and usually follows the order the waypoints have to be visited in the field, i.e. the order matters.
By the way, one gets the same (changed) order of waypoints also when importing the cache via Live Map or bookmark list rather than via GPX import- seems to be related to "Geocache Live".
Maybe two possible solutions:
- adding a sorting possibility to the waypoints tab: e.g. sort by Waypoint code or by name or by ...; then it's a user's choice
- let the waypoint order always follow the order in the cache listing, no matter how the cache was imported or updated