Wrong satellite status displayed

Zoppo shared this problem 7 months ago
Solved

Locus frequently reports changes in satellite status (fixed <-> searching) despite a stable satellite signal (see attached video). I observed this issue only in Locus and only on this device. I can't reproduce it on a Nexus 7 nor with other GNSS apps on the Aquaris U2.


Locus version: 3.34.1

device: Bq Aquaris U2

Android version: 7.1.2

build number: 1.14.0_20180809-0913

location mode: device only

Comments (7)

photo
1

Good day Zoppo,

very interesting problem. I'm little worry it may be connected to your device, anyway let's try to do something with it.

It is possible for you to try special Locus Map Free version on your device? If so, here is the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gwNMHOUf036e0DMuJrHcB3nFQavAE2uo/view?usp=sharing

Install it, try it and if same problem appear (hope it will), close Locus Map and in /Locus/logs directory should be created logs with some information for me, so please share these logs (most probably single file) here, thank you.

Menion

photo
1

Hello Menion,


thanks for taking a look.


I used the special Locus Map Free version, created a log and in parallel another screen recording (see attached files).


Best Regards,

Zoppo

photo
1

Hello Zoppo,

thanks for a log. Anyway as I wrote before, special logs should be in Locus/logs directory. Are there any files to share with me?

photo
1

Hello Menion,

sure, 1544952334047.txt has been taken from directory Locus/logs. It was the only file created during the test run. So, I thought 1544952334047.txt is the special log.

How can I distinguish the special logs from non-special logs?

Thanks,

Zoppo

photo
1

Hello,

ah sorry, I downloaded your log and added it to directory with other different bug reports.

In log, I clearly see reason for this. Seems to be some issue in your device. GPS unit reports change in status (in log, lines with "onStatusChanged(gps, 1 or 2).

There are quick changes between value "1" and "2" where value "1" is "TEMPORARILY_UNAVAILABLE" and value "2" is "AVAILABLE". So current app behavior correctly reflect reported changes.

What you may try is to enable alternative GPS mode in menu > settings > GPS > Google Services assisted location.

Give it a try and let me know.

photo
1

Hello Menion,

perfect!

Since I turned on 'Google Services assisted location' the problem is gone.


At least a good workaround for the faulty firmware of my device.

Thanks,Zoppo

photo
1

Perfect, I hoped this may work!

Menion