This object is in archive! 

Wrong track date/ default language/ override language

Andrew Heard shared this problem 3 years ago
Closed

Using Locus Pro 3.47.2 but suspect this has been an issue for longer.

I had a similar problem as report in this help topic. The track date below is displayed as M/D/YY whereas the correct Android regional settings for short date format are D/M/YY. This looks to me like the English US format.

When I go to Settings > Language I find the "App Language" is "English, United Kingdom", which I think is also D/M/YY:

This is interesting because "English, United Kingdom" is not even in the list of Locus override languages:

When I tap "English, US" the summary is now correctly updated:

So, there must be a bug here. I suspect multiple "English" languages exist on my phone, but Locus only has one in the displayed list. It was using US for regional setting overrides. Unsure why as I have never overridden before. Fortunately when I change it back to default, the track date format is now fixed.

Replies (1)

photo

Hello Andrew,

Your system: English, United Kingdom

App language set to default: D/M/YY

App language set to only available English, USA: M/D/YY

If this works like this then it's correct behavior.

photo

Thanks Menion. It seems my 4 original screen caps (above) have disappeared ;-(

Locus was using date format M/D/YY (English US) but displaying the overriding app language English UK. Inconsistency. I've never overridden the language, so why not set to "default". I don't have any other app using M/D/YY. There have been similar language issues discussed in the forum months ago, so thought this was more just info for you in case of debugging.

photo

Hello,

I've noticed as well that screens are missing. Sorry, do not know why this happens.

Anyway to your problem ... the biggest problem is that no matter what I do, I'm unable to simulate your issue on my own device. Until then, it's quite an unsolvable task for me.

Menion

photo

No problem for me really. Was hoping the info may have helped you. But all good - you have far bigger fish to fry.

Replies have been locked on this page!