This object is in archive! 

I lost my waypoints and tracks

Pablo Espejo San Cristóbal shared this problem 3 years ago
Not a Problem

Hi

While upgrading my Galaxy TabI I lost my waypoints and tracks wich are working data (I am interested just in the last three or four month). I do made a backup in Google Drive, but didnt know that they backup only data of their own apps. Do you have the users data backuped in a server or any other media? It is very important to me to recover that information.

Thanks in advance if you could help me.

Replies (2)

photo

Hi,

if you did not configured a backup as described here, I am afraid, your data is lost.

photo

... I can see the files in the micro sd card, but they are seen as inactivated (grey no black) and nothing happen if I click or double click on them

photo

Hi Pablo,

you wrote that "I do made a backup in Google Drive, but didnt know that they backup only data of their own apps." Could you please explain that?

photo

... first of all, as you maybe got, english is not my native lenguage, so sorry for the mistakes. I mean that when I ask to them (at Google) about the data I lost they told me that Locus Map is an external app, which is not part of the group of apps they precharge in the device (mine is a Galxy Tab S 8.4 LTE) so they do not bakuped my WP and Tracks .. they told me that I must ask to the developer of the app for that information ... hope you can undestand what I trying to say

photo

I see, you mean Google native backup of the whole phone. I meant something different - Locus Map enables backup of your Locus data on Google Drive via its Backup manager, see https://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:tools:backup. By default Locus makes automatic backups to Locus/backup directory. Open the backup manager > restore > select "auto" folder. If there is any backup file in it, select the newest.

Replies have been locked on this page!