This object is in archive! 

Import crashes locus (v 4.5.5)

Wolfgang shared this problem 2 years ago
Solved

Hi,

latest locus 4.5.5 crashes on import of a gpx file (from Google Drive) and then restarts. I have this problem on two devices and a friend of mine has the same problem.

Wolfgang

Replies (5)

photo

Reported also yesterday as part of https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/26655-importexport-trackspoints-in-v4-5. See last comments.

There is one method which does work: Use the "+" button and import from shared storage location (i.e. not private folder)

photo

Thanks the the info, I just browsed this thread and though this thread does not cover the same problem.

photo

It fails also on importing *.kmz files.

photo

Now with 4.5.6 is this fixed! Many thanks!

Wolfgang

photo

With 4.5.6, I do not encounter a crash but no import happens when I do the following:

* press the points folder 3 dot menu

* select import

* select device storage

* select a GPX file

=> I'm back at the points view but no import happens.

Importing via the + sign works though.

photo

I did the import via the three dots:

* via Google drive (gpx)

* export to local as kml

* import the same kml from local.

This all was tested with Android 9.

photo

a quick test on my Android 12 does also work with import via three dot menu from Google Drive

photo

Hello guys, please can you try it in the latest version 4.5.7?

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Hi,

with 4.5.6, suddenly the option to choose "Device Storage" was gone and only "Local" is available. With "Local" I can import gpx from outside the Locus folder.

Thank you!

photo

Same as issue as A. Weber.

Android 11 - Import , three dots, choose Device Storage (displays SAF system file picker) , choose GPX file - it returns to the tracks manager without any import happening.

It does work if choose Main Directory (Locus private directories) - which does not need to use the SAF/system file picker.

Works OK from either location when using the + button.

photo

Tested with Android 11, LM V4.5.7. Import from 'Main Directory' and 'Device Storage' both work OK either using the 3 dots button, or the + button. I haven't tested any other sources (dropbox etc).

photo

With 4.5.7 import from Google drive all fine, no complaints. Thanks

Replies have been locked on this page!