This object is in archive! 

Restoring large backup file from locus pro

Adam George shared this question 14 months ago
Answered

I have a large backup zip file (375 mb) that was saved on locus pro prior to an update earlier this year. I now find it impossible to restore this information on the updated app Regardless of phone I use.

Replies (4)

photo

and what does not work there. Is there an error message ?

photo

No, error message, it just crashes the app every time I try restoring a backup that was saved before the change from locus maps "pro" to locus maps "classic". Have tried to restore it using 6 different phones, including my s21+ to no avail. Crashes every time.

photo

There are problems with POI databases right now. Try to delete them for the time being.
https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/30406-crashes-in-locus-map-classic-since-3-64-0-in-connection-to-openandromaps
I think it is worth a try.

photo

I have never seen that problem, but that step in front of you should be a one time step.

For such I'd go brute force: Locus does not obfuscate things, but uses standard ZIP. Hence just use a file manager like x-plore and manually copy the folders (!) of the ZIP content to the respective location in the Locus root folder.

Do some "scouting" the the Locus root folder tree to understand the structure. It's no rocket science at all.

Good luck!

Replies have been locked on this page!