New color for menu (blue + "baby blue") - very bad idea.

Andrey Nekrasov shared this problem 10 months ago
Not a Problem

Hello,

Please consider reverting the menu colors to their previous state. The new (bright light blue) colors are very annoying. The old shade was optimal.

I think the best option is to make it configurable from the "expert menu". Or just put it back the way it was.

Thank you.

Replies (5)

photo

Hello,

we understand that the new colors may not be to everyone's taste and that you need to get used to them. However, they have been chosen based on Google's recommendation for better contrast in both light and dark modes.

At this time we don't have a plan to revert them immediately back :-)

Have a nice weekend.

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Why do you refuse the decision of colors by the users themselves via an app settings menue (like in many other favourite apps)?

photo

user colour schemes would be good, i personally hate blue, there are parts of locus that are grey which is great, like the main sidebars etc.

i would argue that not many people use light modes, so many people clamouring for dark modes for years, the newer colour scheme is more difficult to see clearly.

the initial LM4 colour changes were definiately better than LM3

googles recomendations arent always great, like we see if some of the android "improvements" that cause all sorts of problems for locus users.

i have several otehr apps like tinycam, tasker that you can change the accent colours using googles recomendations and its great!

photo
photo

Dear Zdenek,

thank you for the answer. I will stay with critics, the new color scheme is not as good as described by Lous AS or recommended by Google. Please see the attached screenshot from the wms settings menue. The upper dark gray field ist near black, so that the action button In full black are nearly invisible. I had to check twice today to confirm my settings action properly. Please hold on developing the colors, to keep a minimum usability of this in all other fields superp software.

Thank you,

Veit

photo

Hello,

yes, this is a bug. Thank you for the feedback, it will be fixed in the next version.

Regards,

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Hi Andres N.,

probably you have seen, that I also would better miss the new baby blue. I switched to have always the dark theme and most of the baby blue is banned. This is not the best solution, but helps hopefully for the next time till a new app setting for colour selection is implemented. I will try the dark scheme for a week or so...

photo

Hello,

"unfortunately", as I said, we have no plans to change the colors again in the near future. Some tweaking on GUI and its colors is still in progress, but there will be no changes in colors, only deeper implementation, and unification across the app.

Regards,

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

It simply means that you don't care about the opinions of users, including me, who bought the program over 10 years ago and now buys a subscription every year.

I'll just have to use 4.16 unfortunately.

photo

---

photo

If you're changing something as important to users as the user interface, you should keep the old version and make the new version (theme) optional, especially since the "themes" (light and dark) are already there. No need to do something, because "my left leg wanted it, I'll do something."

photo

i would try with dark theme, while the light theme is very light blue, its just that, light, i hate all light themes. its more of an issue when black text on black background or similar

but with the amount of colour options of the track line styles etc, it would be great if there was colour scheming for the app.....

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file