Problem with automatic map zoom - Locus Map 3.

Jarosław shared this problem 9 months ago
Solved

I have such a problem. Once you set the map to auto zoom for all speeds (0, 10, 20 and 50 km/h) and save them, these settings are only saved when navigation is not running. When you start navigating a selected route, all auto-zoom settings are reset to default settings. As a result, every time I run the route, I have to set all the values again.

Replies (5)

photo

Hello,

you have probably set some preset with different (default) settings and linked it to the navigation.

Therefore each time, when you start navigation, it is used instead of your global settings.

More here: https://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:functions:navigation:settings#link_with_presets

Regards,

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. My suggestion. The Locus Map is definitely too complicated. Hundreds of options are spread out across plenty of sub menus. The same options are at the same time in many different places what is really misleading. As a result users are more and more frustrated. No one is going to master this. That is the basic problem. You should definitely make available two modes at least: Basic and Advanced. Locus Map is a really great app but too complicated for daily use.

Regards,

Jarosław

photo

Hello,

the wide personalization is the main advantage of Locus.

We have discussed this many times, but we have no plans to create any "trimmed version" - it is too much effort and there are no benefits for us.

I am sorry.

But we know about the various inconsistencies and in some cases, even user-unfriendly environment and it is one of our top priorities to make Locus more straightforward soon.

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Hello,

Thank you for the response and the great work of the whole Locus Map team.

Regards,

Jarosław Zoń

Leave a Comment

Attach a file