Compass and direction of travel

Michelle Hike shared this idea 8 months ago
Gathering feedback

Here are a few suggestions for hiking. First, in the compass section, it would be helpful to add the calibration state of the magnetometer. This would ensure accurate readings and improve the overall user experience.

Additionally, for navigation, it would be a great feature if the app could call out the direction of travel. For example, the app could audibly state the heading direction, such as "Heading North at 1 degree." This would provide hikers with real-time information about their orientation and help them stay on the right path. Thanks so much Michelle

Replies (2)

photo

This can be achieved using tasker, and the locus tasker addon

tasker queries locus, gets bearing, and reads it out....

photo

That's not exactly what I requested; I would prefer it to be integrated into the app along with point navigation. Although I've already integrated it with Tasker, sometimes Tasker is not in sync with the app, resulting in potential crashes. Thanks anyway

photo

better if its in the app, and the app already has TTS for otehr things... I would like a beep or otehr action when orientation of device = bearing, so you phone is aiming at where youre going which would be very helpfull for guiding without looking at screen

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file