Show points only in my vicinity

Peter Solleveld shared this question 8 months ago
Answered

I have a large database of 50000 points over a large area with information about different roads. So many points cannot be handled simultaneously on the map. I can filter by distance in the folder with points. But is there a function that only shows the points when I'm near them. Kinds like Lopoint or Garmin's GPI files work. My request is that I should be able to only see points with a distance of, for example, 1 km from me. And that that search is updated when I move.

Replies (4)

photo

after removal I am not aware of anything. But number of points around the map center. But when you change the position, you have to activate it again. I did not find it in the manual.
Go to the eye. There they select "first x points

I use this for tracks. Because there are 5000 in the folder and the system is too slow at startup. And the fade in also takes a long time.

photo

Hello,

you have to switch the points every time you move, there is no automatic reloading.

If you think that there are more users interested in this, you can Add IDEA and collect some votes.
Our developers often take ideas into consideration.

Regards,

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Maybe you should add the item "show all x points" in the manual

photo

just change this question topic to an idea?

photo

Good idea. How do I change the topic?

photo

Can one of the LM developers can do it please?

photo

Can you please create a new idea so it is clear right from the initial post what should be done?

This thread isn't ideal to quickly see what the idea is about.

https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/add/idea

Thank you.

Zdenek, Locus team

photo
photo

If it is possible to add a shortcut to the saved filter from the start screen, it is very easy to update the filtering. But I can't find that option.

photo

The idea is now created. Those of you who like it can give it a thumbs up.

New idé

Leave a Comment

Attach a file