Unwanted Via Points

Animis Spem shared this problem 7 months ago
Solved

Locus Map Classic V3.69.2

The route planner now automatically creates (unwanted) "via points"! They are displayed on the route as black squares of approximately 2x2 px, outlined in white (Pict LMC-Pic01.jpg, LMC-Pic02.jpg).

Some tests have shown that they are created when you place a shaping point (green triangle) not exactly on the path, but slightly next to it (LMC-Pic03.jpg, LMC-Pic04.jpg).

It is enough to simply move a shaping point a little bit "into the terrain" on an existing route (LMC-Pic05.jpg + LMC-Pic06.jpg), and such an "via point" as intermediate destinations will be created on the route

(in the planner initially represented by red or green dots (LMC-Pic06.jpg, in the saved route then by black squares - LMC-Pic07.jpg).

These points are also announced as intermediate destinations (without editing options) (LMC-Pic08.jpg).

Since no new features were supposed to be built into V3.xx, it can only be an update bug, right?

The German original:

Seit Neuestem legt der Routenplaner automatisch (ungewollte) Zwischenziele an! Sie werden auf der Route als schwarze Quadrate von etwa 2x2 px, weiß umrandet, angezeigt (Pict LMC-Pic01.jpg, LMC-Pic02.jpg).

Einige Tests haben ergeben, dass sie angelegt werden, wenn man einen Gestaltungspunkt (shaping point - grünes Dreieck) nicht genau auf dem Pfad, sondern etwas daneben platziert (LMC-Pic03.jpg, LMC-Pic04.jpg).

Es genügt, bei einer bestehenden Route einen shaping point einfach ein kleines Stück "ins Gelände" zu verschieben (LMC-Pic05.jpg + LMC-Pic06.jpg), schon wird auf der Route ein solches Zwischenziel angelegt

(im Planer zunächst durch rote oder grüne Punkte dargestellt (LMC-Pic06.jpg, in der gespeicherten Route dann durch schwarze Quadrate - LMC-Pic07.jpg).

Diese Punkte werden auch als Zwischenziel (ohne Bearbeitungsmöglichkeit) angesagt (LMC-Pic08.jpg).

Da in V3.xx keine neue Features eingebaut werden sollten, kann es nur ein update-bug sein, oder?

Replies (14)

photo

Update:

For newly created routes, all “shaping points” are also created as intermediate destinations.

The route planner setting "Via Points by default" is NOT switched on!

photo

I can see a similar behaviour in Locud 4.18.2 (Beta Program via Play Store).

photo

Update 2

It seems that when recalculating the route or individual parts of it (by moving shaping points) all shaping points included in the recalculation are in the same place these intermediate destinations are created additonal on the route .

photo

Hello,

it should be fixed in the next version.

If the problem persists, please, let me know.

Regards,

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

It's not yet fixed in version 3.70.2

Please fix this problem.

TIA

Wolfgang

photo
photo

My Locus Map now has been updated to version 3.70.1.

Unfortunately the problem still exists!

photo

I can confirm that it is not fixed in 3.70.1

photo

The problem seems to exist in Version 3.70.2 too. Please fix it.

photo

The bug is still present in 3.70.3 and is really annoying! When will the error that crept in finally be fixed?

photo

Hello,

we are (still) working on it.

It's a mysterious bug because it doesn't happen to everyone and it doesn't apply to all waypoints. Also starts when nothing has changed in the BRouter implementation.

But we are on a trace. Only as it is not a priority task, it needs a little more time.

Thank you for your patience.

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Hello Zneněk,

the problem will last until spring, only then will I use the app more frequently again 😉.

The error must have crept in during a program change in V 3.67.x or 3.68.x. A user also noticed the bug in 4.xx.

If it helps:

Error occurs in Samsung Galaxy A71, Android 13, One-UI vers. 5.1.

Error does not occur in Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 (SM-X200), Android 13, One-UI vers. 5.1.1.

Kind regards and Merry Christmas

Frank

photo

@0709: would you please comment your post?!

photo

The current Brouter app version now supports via & shaping & and u-turns.
Locus handles the shaping points as normal 'via points'
Shaping points should behave as "muted" via points.
Except in the planner, you should not see nor hear them.

photo

Without Locus Classic modification, try next.
Uninstall BRouter v_1.7.3 & install v_1.6.3 by apk.

photo
photo

Hello guys,

there is a new version out (3.70.4) and it looks like it is finally fixed there.

In the routes you have created meanwhile, you'll have to change the unwanted via points back to shaping points.

Please, test it and let me know if something isn't as it should be.

Regards,

Zdenek, Locus team

photo

Maybe it would be useful to also include the visibility status of the (silent) via points by Settings > Points & tracks > Show navigation commands on map: (Un)set. (Just a thought as it does not disturb me personally)

photo
photo

Hallo Zdeněk,

Hurray, it seems like it was a success! I created a short new route and modified an old route (moved shaping points on the existing route and routed the route via different paths). In no case were the annoying via points created. I will continue to monitor the matter (in the spring 😉).

Thanks for the Christmas present!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file