Error notification if downloading maps from www.freizeitkarte-osm.de

Sonny shared this problem 4 months ago
Closed

If I want to download a map from http://www.freizeitkarte-osm.de , e.g "Luxembourg" from http://www.freizeitkarte-osm.de/android/en/mitteleuropa.html#AUT-CHE-LUX-HRV by clicking onto the "Locus"-icon, I finally get an error-message "Error code 12569" in the Notification center.

There's been also a (now locked) thread in the past: https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/25247-error-12569-when-downloading-vector-maps-from-freizeitkarte-osm-de

• Is the problem on Locus' or on freizeitkarte's side?
  • I noticed that freizeitarte's themes are unzipping themselves. I thought nowadays zipped themes are more performant than unzipped ones?
  • Please display the names of the error codes ("SSLHandshakeExeption") also in LM3, like in LM4

4e16f2da1d1d872aa382aece1ec41263f83375e541a07dcd302a7756403eda74

Replies (9)

photo

Hi Sonny,

we are not able to simulate issue you have. Unfortunately texts ("pl" or "SSLHan...") are quite random and incorrect and should not be visible at all.

Anyway based on the error, I'm unable to identify a problem so the full bug-report will be necessary.

Why themes are extracted? It is defined in the source XML file. So it needs to be changed on the server.

Menion

photo

Maybe it's a phone/Android based bug. I'm using a Xiaomi phone running Android 13. The problem also occured on a friend's identical phone.
Did you wait until the map installation finished? Because the error note occurs not before the end of the installation.
I'll send a full bug-report later.

Regarding the extracted themes: Do you think that non-extracting will be better? In this case I'll contact the map creator.

photo

It should not depend on some device ... technology on the background is simple and united across all platforms.

Interesting is that I've tried it on three devices and no problem so far.

End zipped themes: it has many benefits and almost no negative impact (only small slowdown when selecting theme for the first time). So yes, if you use these maps & themes, suggest to contact the owner. And the log will be helpful, thanks!

photo

I sent bug report via e-mail.

photo

Hello Sonny,

thanks for the bug report. It is not clear what exactly happens in the background because in the log is no clear error.

But I have a suspicion.

Could you please check that the required map is correctly downloaded (together with the theme)? Should be available in the list of maps. It looks to me, that the problem happens in the last step: selection of the map.

photo

Yes, map+theme are there and working.

photo

Hello Sonny,

sorry for the delay in my answer. As I wrote, I do not know what exactly happends so it is not an easy to solve. Because downloaded content is correct, please just ignore this message. Maybe zipped theme fix this, maybe some update of libraries in Locus Map that take care about HTTP communication ...

Thanks for understanding.

photo

Excuse me for commenting again, but I think I possibly found a feature which triggers this error:

Ususally I'm using "Android/media" folder for my Vector maps. If I change it to the "App default" directory, the error message doesn't occur.
Could this fact be the reason? If so, it would be interesting why other maps like OpenAndroMaps arent' triggering this error although they are installed within "Android/media" too

photo

Hello Sonny,

thanks for the additional test. I'm trying the same: moved the base "vectorMaps" directory into the "media" directory and tried to download the LUX map again. And, unfortunately, no problem. AsnI wrote, the best should be if provided themes remain packed and not extracted. This may avoid this error.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file