Bring back effective routing profile selection

druki shared this idea 4 months ago
Declined

The new routing profile selection is more flexible for configuring the dependent properties on the fly like configuration of regarding wet conditions, navigation instructions, usage of tunnel, ferries, maut, highways etc.

Anyway with the new selection, I need to click more than before. Before: one click to go to routingprofile overview, another to select and confirm = 2 clicks.

As I seldomly change conditions/properties of routing profiles, I prefer to quickly be able to select my configured profile from an overview (as it was before) and if I need something special in settings/properties, I accept the 2 or 3 clicks more. Now with the new implementation: Click to come to the routingprofile page, click on current profile to be able to select a profile, click to select the desired profile, click to close and confirm the profile = 4 clicks. And if you consider extra settings (mentioned above), the clicking is not less than before in sum.

So usability is now 4 clicks instead of 2 clicks for just selecting a profile.

Can there be a compromise for having both methods available for users (depending which is the standard usecase of the user)? Or a method to still use two clicks together with possibilities to configure in detail? Maybe on the page called, use one grid for fast selectiom and one button for direct on the fly parameter selection (should be possible with the same amlunt of 4 clicks like it is right now in the new version)

Or maybe make it configurable how the user prefers to work. Or providing easy and fast routing profile selection (with as less clicks and possible, 2 clicks would be great) and still having flexible settings for profiles.

Sorry for not liking the new way. Maybe there are some other users that prefer the old way (effective by less clicks, but needs more experience/knowledge about features)?

Replies (3)

photo

Hello druki,

count with me please:

Old solution

• click to open the selection dialog
  • click to select a profile
  • click "Set" button to confirm

New solution

• click to open the selection dialog
  • click on the top panel to open the profile selection
  • click to select a profile
  • return back by cross/"set"/back button

So it confirms 4 clicks, but it is only one more click, not two.

Firstly, I do not consider a new solution as a slowdown. This is not something, users usually change too often (except in some cases like yours).

I may offer you a small secret tip, on how to speed up this a little ... in the selection screen, try double-tap on the profile you want to select. Hope this helps.

I'll probably later think about some improvements in this selection screen, but not for now.

photo

Hi Menion, sorry, I didn't remember that there was the set button to click. Thank you for the tip with doubletab to directly select. This helps a bit. I'm looking forward to your idea. Locus is still the best offroad navigation app and there is this great support. Thanks a lot for your excellent team and all your work!

photo

I agree! On the new version it takes way too many clicks to navigate. It should just be long press -> navigate with some sort of default profile that you can change later…

one click navigation!

photo

Hello, this topic is not about the "Navigate to" flow. Anyway, I agree that "Navigate to" should be "faster" and we will be working on it ...

photo

Is it possible to get a shortcut by just adding two configurable favourite navigate to buttons for most loved profiles like "car navigation fast" and "by foot"? By the two choices, it could be avoided to do all the clicking arround and select "navigate to" again after I started telling Locus that I want to navigate with certain profiles and now want to "really navigate after finished using the route planer" 😉. You could still keep the other workflow for users who like it, but two "quick favourite navigate to" would make some people very happy. 💕

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file