Adding new map provider on latest Android version

Matthias shared this question 3 months ago
Answered

Hi all. I wanted to new map by adding it to providers.xml. But on new Android Versions, I don't have access to the locus folder in file explorers anymore. Is there another way to add a tms map? Or is there any known workaround to access the locus folder on android 14? (Rooting is not an option)

Replies (5)

photo

Use x-plore or TC, grant them the privileges and enjoy access to private folders.

photo

I am using x-plore. But it is not working anymore either. When it comes to selecting a folder for granting access, only 'media' is there under 'Android'. X-plore tells me to select the android/data/locus folder, but it does not display the folder so i cannot select it.

photo

Total Commander working good.

X-Plore have this problem from 2023 :-(

photo

So 2023 is over and x-Plore is still working for me

photo

On which Android version? I am in Android 14, December 2023 security update and it doesn't work in X-plore or Total Commander.

photo

Android 13 Poco F5. November put into operation

photo
photo

For me it is the same in total Commander

photo

Simple to do customisations in Locus map are lost by A13+.
Locus should offer storage in Android >media > menion.android.locus

photo

Actually Locus allows to move certain folders to Android/media to make them accessible again. I found it under Settings>Miscellaneous>Default Directories>Set custom Sub-Directories.

So now I can modify my providers.xml as before. For me it is solved.

photo

Fine, though unfortunately not everything useful is thus offered. I have A10 and just tested with A13. How do you get comfortable to data nav audio > TTS > config.cfg ?The whole package of data that can be accessed without damage would by default better be offered in Android media and what should be protected leave it in Android data.

photo

You can ask to have the tts folder movable to the media folder.

photo

Add extra single items to that menu list ? Pse KISS. See A13 images & compare.3c97ef5907adf09a96fb942677a44321
Except from Android data Cruiser (A13) still loads vector maps from various locations.

? Put payed abo items in Android > data > menion.android.locus.pro ?
? Put free items in Android > media > menion.android.locus.pro ?

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file