Absurd travel times

Waldemar Wawoczny shared this question 2 months ago
Answered

Hi,
on what basis does Locus calculate the travel time for a route, because the approximate results are absurd, see Fig. 1.
According to the routing calculations for the indicated route (Pict1), the travel time is 1:58 h, but even if we use the tool option and calculate the travel time, the result is 2 h 25 m. So this absurdity cannot be corrected?!
Waldek

Replies (6)

photo

Hi,

the estimated time is calculated by the router. What router and what routing profile do you use? Where did you plan the route, on the web planner or in the app? Could you send a GPX of the route?

photo

I marked the router time (1:58 h), and when entering the route via Locus-Web I select Tourist bike

photo

Thanks, and could you please send a GPX so that we can properly test it?

photo

Hi,
I think there was a misunderstanding...
1. I am importing a new bicycle route into Locus-Web, made e.g. by BRouter (because, for example, in Locus-Web it is not possible to load the track itself that will be used to plot a new route, and this is quite a common case for me).
2. I save it by selecting the Tourist bike option.
3. Through the cloud, this route appears in "My library".
4. And this route appears in my library for use. For example, if BRouter shows the travel time as 1.58 hours and Locus as over 6 hours, what authorizes it to provide such a "nonsense" time?
Especially since in [Tools] the [Estimated travel time] option - sees that we are dealing with a bicycle and estimates the time quite correctly for it!
But for Pic1, apart from the correct route length and hills (under the road name), you can see some absurd travel time - over 6 hours, which cannot even be changed using the [Estimated travel time] option, but the [Altitude update] option - surprisingly - can change the altitude chart (the red one from Ppic1)!

Waldek

photo

Hi Waldemar,

thanks for reporting this issue. This problem required longer investigation on many sides of the project. Hopefully, we have found a solution. Please, wait for the next version of the app.

photo

Ich habe genau das gleiche Problem. Im Locus Web Planner werden mir für 9 Kilometer 28 Minuten per Fahrrad angezeigt.

Wenn ich die Route per Sync importiere, dann werden mir in der app 3 Stunden angezeigt.

Wenn ich die Route in der app selber erstelle, dann sind es wieder 28 Minuten.

Aber alles was ich importiere stimmt überhaupt nicht.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file