Web-Route-Planner

olliz shared this problem 2 months ago
Solved

The problem is the web route planner, which imports an GPX file (created in Komoot) that had all the announcements BEFORE a change was made in the web route planner, but AFTER that it no longer makes any announcements from the changed waypoint (although all the waypoints are there)! Navigating after that is a nightmare because you have to keep looking at the display so you don't miss a turn!
The only solution to the problem of missing announcements after a change in the web planner is to export the GPX file, delete the route in LocusMap Web Planner. Import the GPX file into Komoot, check there if everything is OK, make any changes if necessary, then export the file again. Better still, DELETE the existing route in LocusMap first and synchronize it (alternatively import it with a new name), then import the GPX file into the web planner, save it... Then synchronize it with the APP.

It's easier to adjust the route in Komoot, export it, import it into LocusMap and everything will work as it should....

Replies (12)

photo

Hello Oliver,

I am unclear about the problem you're encountering. I used Komoot to plan and save a route with multiple waypoints. The route was exported as a GPX file, which I then imported into the Locus web planner. However, I didn't observe any points detected during the import process. The GPX file checked afterwards only showed track geometry, not waypoints.

Could you attach a sample of your GPX file for my review? I greatly appreciate your assistance.

Best regards, Ondrej.

875fd360df0141685b410e761e6d61d2

No points here ...

62d1998c57ba38a891e35cc92fb8bc77

photo

Please read my description! The problem does not occur after I have imported the GPX file - everything is still OK. It only occurs AFTER I have changed the route in the LM web planner.

I have already explained this several times - don't you want to understand me?

photo

Again: Plan route in Komoot - export GPX file to PC. this GPX file from PC Import from LM via Wepplanner. Then synchronize with APP. If this route is called up, everything is still fine. All turn-by-turn instructions appear as expected! Now I change a waypoint or add one in the web planner (browser is Google Chrome). Resync with the APP. If I now call up this route in the APP, NO more turn-by-turn instructions are spoken from the changed or added waypoint onwards.I can only fix this by exporting the route as GPX via the LM web planner, importing it into Komoot, checking or changing everything and exporting the GPX file again and importing it into the LM web planner . Synchronize with the APP again... then everything will be fine again. I have now gotten into the habit of planning or changing my routes only via Komoot or BRouter. I only use LM's web planner to import

photo

I understand that the situation is frustrating. To assist you better, I need to replicate the issue. As mentioned previously, I'm unable to generate a GPX export from Komoot with any waypoints or navigation points. Could you kindly provide a sample GPX file for testing? I appreciate your cooperation.

Ondrej

photo

Hi!

Attached are two GPS files:
KomootExport_ImportLM.gpx
Was imported via the LM Webplanner as I created and exported it in Komoot, without any changes - so far everything is OK.
KomootIMport_ChangeLMWebplanner.gpx
Was edited after import via the Webplanner...
Then, after the change to waypoint 5 (newly added), the former waypoint 5 became 6... I had to add 7 and 8 because the route was then changed in a way that I didn't want! There are no more announcements after waypoint 5 in the APP.

photo

I believe I finally understand your issue. The exported Komoot track does not include navigation instructions, as shown in the attached screenshot (1). It only contains route data points (trkseg with trkpt = individual geometry points). Navigation instructions are added by our LoRouter (screenshot (2)) when a segment is rerouted either via the "Recalculate all" button or modification, like adding a waypoint.

I understand the confusion this may cause. We are aware and intend to improve it. However, currently the priority is a major refactoring in MyLib. Meanwhile, I recommend using the "Recalculate all" feature and pinning the original track (using the eye icon), to monitor significant geometry changes when recalculating.

Kind regards, Ondrej

2fa4c0ec69939516ca351edd142b58db

e7d162c98bed202ab18bf1a545bffe88

photo

using the eye icon ..... what does this mean? Where can I find it?

photo

Eye icon can be found in the track detail ;). This will keep track geometry in the map even if you leave track detail view. 1aaac27af04d74337c96c4dd9e1e3a40

photo
photo

First of all, thank you very much for your patience and effort in understanding my problem!

Once you have understood it, I am sure it will be improved - even if it takes a while (good things take time).

Just to better understand why I use Komoot for planning - firstly, I have had a lot of planned tours since 2019 that I simply imported into LM. As long as I don't change anything, everything is fine, otherwise... I have already described it.

On the other hand, when it comes to displaying CYCLE PATHS, BRouter and Komoot are really better in this regard! If I set cycling as the sport, I am not interested in hiking trails! Then I want to see cycle paths and *rideable* paths! Depending on the sport, for gravel, gravel (field path, forest path, goods path), for racing bikes only asphalt, for MTB it can also be a trail.

For trekking, preferably cycle paths, asphalt and gravel, then roads, but no trails and never hiking trails, steps or similar!

For clarification, I have attached three screenshots of the web route planners LM, Komoot and BRouter.

photo

It is also quite annoying that a cycle path in LM cannot be used if cycling is set because LM thinks it is a hiking trail... You then have to change the sport to hiking in order to set a waypoint on this path and hope that this will reroute the rest of the route from the cycle path to hiking trails....

photo

If you have set cycling, all routes where cycling is permitted are normally used. Of course, it is possible that something is entered incorrectly in OSM. But then Komoot should not use it either.
You can share such a location here and test the same location with Komoot.

photo

Hm .... and why am I then denied a path that I want to choose - with a waypoint - as long as I have chosen cycling, which can very well be chosen in Komoot? Maybe I'm just confused by all the paths displayed with their colors, which I don't actually want to see.

photo

Hi Olliz,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing such a detailed description with us. I appreciate the effort you put into outlining the issues. Going forward, it would be more efficient to create separate tickets for each concern, as it helps us address each issue more effectively and ensures better readability and maintenance.

1) Routing Issue for Cycling:
The problem you're experiencing with cycling routes not being properly planned sounds like it could be related to the OSM data set or possibly a rare issue on our side. To investigate this further, we would need a specific example. If you could share a planner link or GPX file along with a description of the expected vs. actual routing, it would greatly help us in diagnosing the issue.

2) Hiking Trails Visibility on the Map:
Currently, we offer a combined hiking/biking map theme. In the offline vector maps, you can toggle hiking and cycling routes on or off as needed. However, in the web planner, we use raster tiles, which do not currently support this feature. There are plans to transition to vector tiles for the web planner as well, though this isn't something that will be happening immediately.

I hope you find this information helpful. If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, feel free to reach out.

Kind regards,
Ondrej

3961de02138a6c4cb9ce18b3cb4cd061 bd3221b6c435dcb91e7dd324c07fee16

photo

First of all, thank you for taking care of my problem. In fact, this is in the web planner, as I only use it to plan, or import planned routes from Komoot or BRouter and change them in the LM web planner if necessary (which unfortunately doesn't work so well at the moment).
Attached are the GPX files and screenshots of an imported route to show what I mean.

Apparently the problem only occurs with imported routes. Because if I create the route directly in the web planner and move waypoint 2, the route is calculated completely correctly.

photo

Hi Olliz,

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. The issue you're encountering with imported tracks is a well-known one. When dealing with imported routes, such as those from GPX files, we don't have access to the original waypoints used to plan the route. This information is only available when planning directly within Locus Map.

Currently, when recalculating the route, the system does not consider the current path between waypoints. Instead, the router calculates the best route between two waypoints based on the selected routing profile. For imported GPX tracks, we only know the final geometry of the route, not the waypoints themselves. We use a basic algorithm to estimate waypoints, but as you've noticed, this doesn’t always work as expected. We are aware of the limitation, and it’s challenging to resolve in a way that aligns with human expectations.

There’s a related discussion on this issue, which you might find helpful: https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/28008-cant-edit-existing-track-in-webplanner-without-triggering-recalculate-all-2.

For now, some manual adjustments are necessary. You can:

1. Keep the imported track visible on the map or pin it using the eye icon.
  2. Open the track/route in the web planner.
  3. Select the appropriate routing profile and recalculate the entire route.
  4. If needed, manually adjust the route by adding waypoints.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out.

Best regards,
Ondrej

3c6c1c9b725fcc9776f22c630da65762

photo

Thanx!

photo

I am glad that I could help :). Can I mark this ticket as "Solved"? Thanks O.

photo

Thanx - yes.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file