Rotating Navigation

Jon Reed shared this question 48 days ago
Answered

When my screen comes on to alert me to a navigation point during a ride, the map is normally not pointing in the direction of travel. It then rotates itself to align with the direction of travel, but it sometimes is a bit sluggish doing it.

Is it possible to have the screen come on with the map aligned correctly in the direction of travel, rather than it have to move itself to the correct direction of travel.

Replies (5)

photo

I have already made this suggestion. Locus knows the time when it switches on the screen and speaks the navigation instruction. Locus could start turning in the background 1 or 2 seconds before.
It was made a little faster at the time but my idea could not be implemented.

photo

It's very annoying - if you have a large track on screen it makes it take much longer to rotate than if you have a short track and I usually forget to hide the long tracks before I ride!

Your idea sounds a good one, but I don't understand why the map cannot stay direction orientated all the time. Hopefully they will fix this one day, it's certainly one of the more obvious problems with Locus.

photo

The problem is that the sensor for the direction is switched off when the screen is off. However, it should be switched on again 1 second earlier. Perhaps Android or the phone manufacturer does not allow this. In this case Locus cannot do anything.

photo

Hi guys,

this issue is quite complicated but we'll try harder to find an acceptable solution in the future.

photo

Thanks Michal!

Leave a Comment

Attach a file