How to make "Satellite" appear in "quick map switch"?

Georg D shared this question 2 months ago
Answered

According to https://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:maps_mmanager#quick_map_switch quick map switch offers "The last used online maps". I used Locus' Satellite map and switched to OpenAndroMaps Iceland and "ÖPNVKarte" and wanted to see Satellite again, but it never appears in "Last used online map" section of quick map switch. How can I make it appear?

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Georg,

sorry but I'm not able to simulate any issue with the quick map switch. The Satellite map stays in the "last used online maps" until it is replaced by five other online maps used after it:

240368cfa592168e57a84e00cb426f07

photo

So we have a bug, because in my installation, Satellit and Satellit Hybrid make it to that list directly after switching to them, but vanish as soon as my Locus session ends – while maps not provided by Locus like e.g. ÖPNVKarte show up in the list across restarts.

Maybe it is related to Make long tap on "content button" toggle last used maps across restart? There, I provided reproduction steps.

In case it's unrelated: How can I provide some log or the like that helps you to hunt down the bug?

photo
photo

Hi Georg,

the main dev fixed the issue with long-tapping the content panel button. It should fix also this issue.

photo

Hi Michal, since the update (currently v4.26.1), I never encountered sat or hybrid missing from the list 🙂 but LoMap "World" is still never shown in "Smart choice - Offline" even tough it is last or 2nd last map I used. Any ideas?

Maybe additional info helps: When Denmark is current view, LoMap & OAM France south are not shown in "Smart choice - Offline" even tough being the latest used maps – but LoMap Italy is shown, which I did not use for weeks. This is not hurting, because if I switch to any LoMap like e.g. Italy, Locus automatically loads the LoMap for current view e.g. Denmark. This mechanic does not work for "World" because it covers whole world, i.e. there is no other map of same type in "Smart choice - Offline". And "World" is much better in overview scenarios e.g. zoom level 7 because it covers whole world, renders quicker and much nicer.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file