3D maps over 3rd party apps

Alistair Parsons shared this idea 21 days ago
Completed

I noticed on your blog last week WRPElevationChart app was shown , so installed that and its an excellent way to view a visual route with regards elevation. But what would be good would be an actual 3d map.

The AR addon is great for showing points, but viewranger, and also now strava and a lot of other apps have 3d viewing .

The cubetrek websaite ( no app) has integrations with strava and polar flow. and you can easily upload gpx, but theers no easy way to send a gpx to the website.

Could we request Locus team to reach out to cubetrek and enable integration, or even just a method to share a track/route directly to cubetrek one at a time.

Or any other 3d mapping for that matter.....

Just noticed WRPElevation can export the track directly to google earth, which does an ok ish job of viewing the track, but strangely locus doesnt, if you export a track without descriptions and attachments, to get a kml, and share it, google earth isnt one of the options but it is with WRP.....

perhaps for now we could add export track to google earth.....

Replies (1)

photo

Hello,

at least Google Earth will be re-enabled in the next app version. Maybe a year ago, Google Earth published an updated version, where old methods used by Locus Map stopped working. Anyway, it seems that the alternative approach works now again, so re-enabled.

And more robust 3D solution? For this already exists idea here.

photo

Excellent thats great news re gogole earth, that should suffice for my needs....i missed the previous idea....looks interesting tho

photo

After the new update, it works great, i can now view each track in 3d with google earth, if i need more detail/a more graphical 3d view, WRPElevation works great.

photo

Perfect. Thanks for the push, fix (re-support of Google Earth) was quite easy.

photo

@Alistair:
How exactly do you go about sharing and viewing a track with Google Earth.
I couldn't find you in the forum, otherwise I would have written you a message there.

photo

Its only been possibly since the change Menion has just made in 4.26.2

make sure google earth installed

click the track, then when the chart pops up

click the share icon, then in the external apps section you should see earth

and then the track appears in earth in full 3d map, same with WRPElevation

just realised i havent bene on the foum for ages but ive got username neoaliphant there, different user management on both systems....

photo

Ah, another name. Sure so I couldn't find you.
Google Earth was not installed. Now it works, thank you.

photo

Now all we need is for locus to be able to share visible points to earth ( being able to view in AR in the meantime is usefull)

and to be able to view tracks in AR

photo

@freischneider

what do you mean by "another name"?

@Alistair Parsons

maybe menu > All features > Sharing > "All as KMZ" may help here ;)

photo

@Menion

Freischneider meant on this help forum I'm a different username to the other forum....

The all features sharing works perfectly thanks. Does exactly what i need it to do. I had tried from the points group and it behaved differently........

I think I've already added view track in AR view already as an idea a long time ago.....

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file