Improvements for the Discard activity screen in Locus Map 4 Garmin on VA4(s)
The LM4G app feels very stable and familiar during its operation on the new VA4(s), now that you can actually quit the app. During my test, I discovered some unnatural and potential frustrating behaviour. When solved, this app will be even more awesome than it is now.
- ✘ In native activities, when swiping right, the watch face is brought up. When you wait for several seconds, the activity is activated again. When you swipe right in LM4G, the app is quit and returns to the apps list (when not recording), or shows the discard activity screen (when recording). Especially the behaviour during recording isn't expected.
- ✘ Inconsistent behaviour for the discard activity screen or the pause activity screen:
- When the discard confirmation screen is activated, it asks "Discard? Yes/No". When you choose Yes, the recording is discarded and the activity quits, as expected. When you choose No, the screen is dismissed and you arrive back into the activity which continues recording, which is expected as well.
- When the discard confirmation pops up and you don't choose an option, after 30 seconds the app decides save the activity and quit. My expectation is that it behaves the same as when the user taps "no", returns to the activity and continues tracking.
- When you press the upper button to pause the activity tracking, exactly the same happens: the activity is saved an the app quits. For both screens, that's a frustrating behaviour if you hit one of the buttons accidentally during an activity tracking (which happened to me before!)
In order to make the app even beter, I wanted to share this with you. Kind regards and keep up the good work :-)