i loved locus pro very much!
especially i used it intensively for tracking, it is essential to me for exact billing!
but, since my device (Huawei P10 Dual-SIM) has been updated to android 8.0.0 (oreo) track recording does not work anymore!
(sorry, my screen dumps are taken from german version)
- for sure i configured my device to allow "LOCUS PRO" to run in background
- i also noticed your message!
- i tried out your hint to use GPS Locker (seems to be only one working solution because my device is not rooted) , but still not working! if locus pro runs in background for more than about 7 to 8 minutes it will be terminated (without any message)
- i also noticed that there is a change in API behaviour (please read this / you should be aware of this because you are developing apps for android: https://www.xda-developers.com/android-oreo-background-location-whitelist/) and i also put "package:menion.android.locus.pro" on whitelist!---> i still get this message , why ? if locus pro runs in background for more than about 7 to 8 minutes it still will be terminated (without any notice)
- i also tried out setting "start up Locus as service " -
in conjunction with all options from above (you see i spent a lot of time for trying out)
---> no change, if locus pro runs in background for more than about 7 to 8 minutes it still will be terminated (without any notice)
??? what else can i do on my side ???
- so, android 8.0.0 (oreo) is out there since August 21, 2017 and locus pro seems not to support it (or is it a special problem with huawei?),please let me know what plattform (device/os) is preferred by you (i thought it is android) what device should i buy to allow me full usage of locus pro ?
- by the way, on my device (now running android 8.0.0) ... :i ow some other tracking apps like...
"Sportractive" (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sportractive) there is no problem with gps tracking
"Sportstracklive Pro" (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sportstracklive.android.ui.activity.pro) this app is pretty old and out dated (last update has been on April 3, 2015) but there is no problem with gps tracking on oreo
- any ideas whats going wrong ????