Track analysis and modification features: Bugs and ideas
I have recentlyused the track analysis and modification features quite intensively, and Idiscovered some chances for improvements:
1. Track Info: after editing the description,this does not show up in the main menu of the track, only after leaving andreentering the menu. è refresh the main track menu after editing.
2. After somemodifications of the track, like splitting, it is not quite clear in which partof the track the following modifications are ongoing. Especially, if you deletethe original track, it seems you are still editing in the original track, and editingthe description vanishes. è if the original track is deleted, leave the track menu (or move to a newtrack and indicate the track name which is edited).
3. Whenediting the track points (like shifting points with bad gps reception to animproved position) the modification is not made visible (only after complete endof editing session); multiple modifications might lead to unpredictableresults. è refresh the shown track after eachediting step.
4. When atrack is split after modification of single points, those modifications are lostand do not show in the subtracks. è before track splitting save allprevious changes.
5. Althoughthe information is in the tracks, start and end time are not displayed in theinformation menue. è include those items in the display.
6. When importingPOIs: the folder into which the points are imported should be preset to the selectedfolder.
Some proposals for new / improved functions:
1. When splittinga track, it would be good to have an option to rename the new tracks accordingto new starting time (similar to the default name preset) instead of ending _01and _02; that could also/alternatively be an option in an overall track menu.
2. Enableediting of the tracks from charts (over time or distance), in order to:
- delete segments (to get rid of pauses or bad gpsconnection in buildings).
- split into subtracks, with option to autorenameaccording to (new) starting time
3. Whendisplaying the info details of a track point, make it possible to move to thenext or previous point (like in editor mode with the two markers in bluecircles); this way you don’t have to go up and down two menu levels for thisfunction.
4. Cuttingout a section should have an option to save the cut-out part as a separate track(with option for new track name according to starting time); this would allow,for example, to separate a hiking part from a total day travel track.
5. Thecut-out of a track section should have the option of leaving a gap / pause inthe track.
6. Itshould be possible to set the “Activity” differently for each section separatedby a pause.
7. It shouldbe possible to draw the track with different line styles depending on activity.
8. Statisticsin folder “Sections”: option to define sections between track pauses, hereactivity could be displayed as well (and/or modified).
Thanks for considering these points !