Incorporate LoPoints into Search, and search by more metadata

Andrew Heard shared this idea 16 days ago
Collecting votes

I note LoPoints have been marked "Beta" for a year or two; they are in need of some "tender loving care". For example LoPoints are not integrated with other parts of Locus. In particular the search within LoPoints (below)...

1387ab0121fc6197f4437a7d302f616d

...is completely separate from the overall Search

4ad69ae24498aa59cb0483d0f5a2bec6

and should there even be a distinction between "points" and "LoPoints" anyway? Maybe seamless integration, or just a checkbox?

At present for LoPoints it is only possible to search by matching partial text. How about search by other metadata such as Amenity? For example I never remember whether "Toilets" are part of "Public Service" or "Culture & Tourism" LOL. Typing "toi" (or for some "WC" - although only 2 letters!) into a LoPoints search could/ should find all closest toilets right?

d9c5a9c90f526b479152b83468f75655

Comments (2)

photo

The search with only 2 letters has already been implemented in LM4. The search in Lopoints is still missing

photo

I have many points of my own with all sorts of things. Sometimes only hints or ... I have these in a separate folder or group.

Then I have POIs that I downloaded from the Internet. I also have these in a group and then in folders.

When searching in Points, I would like to be able to limit the search to certain groups or folders.

And I like to have the option "search in Lopoints" like in the last picture.

I would like to have this selection again next time. So it should be saved.