How to find other nearby LoPoints of same kind?

Georg D shared this question 33 days ago
Answered

At 44.5233991, 4.3922841 I opened search > Offline places, chose "France South", typed "Lana" and tapped on result "Lanas-Chamtadu". Details are displayed, amongst them Sport=climbing. I'd like to find more LoPoints having Sport=climbing – how can I do that?

What I tried:

• Because the name of the LoPoint and not it's category is searched (1 and 2), searching for "climbing" produces no results nearby my location – also not the LoPoint named above.
  • In the categories hierarchy, I did not find "climbing" in "sport leisure".
  • In https://docs.locusmap.app/doku.php?id=manual:user_guide:points:locus_maps_pois I did not find anything in this direction
  • In screen showing LoPoint's details, I did not find anything like this. In OsmAnd, the details pane shows a collapsed entry "nearby POI <type>" that I can unfold. IMHO quite easy to use and probably also easy to implement.

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Georg,

the offline search is planned to be completely reworked in the way the online search was improved, For the time being, try it online.

photo

Hi Georg. Sadly, places relevant to climbing (and paragliding) are still on waiting list - to be implemented soon in the online search. Then offline search will follow in the new system reworked from scratch. We know climbing and paragliding is missing.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file