Tasker Integration navigation and guidance notifications...

Alistair Parsons shared this idea 7 months ago
Gathering feedback

Rekated to this idea https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/32832-profilabhangige-times-before-command-when-locus-notify

If tasker could send an intent to Tasker with contents of the guidance alrt or navigation alert then there are lots of ways this could improve user experience

Flashing navigation instructions in bright letters on a screen, TTS, even using flashlight as morse.

custom beep tones, and custom repeats, flashing screens with big bright red turn left arrows.

one use for me is to recreate the android wear compass feature of when phone is aiming at the target it would vibrate, im currently doing this by tasker requesting direction and bearing info and comapring, but this is clunky.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello Alistair,

Locus Map API already supports methods that may allow this system. Not sure if this may be possible over tasker.

Do you know if the tasker is able to request data from the so-called "Content provider"?

photo

Hi

Exciting

Ive found this

https://tasker.joaoapps.com/contentprovider.html

Its a bit beyond me but just in case thats it...

photo
photo

As I see, Falcos tasker plugin already support what may be useful for you. Just add action > Plugin > LocusTasker > Requests sensors and stats > Configuration > Guide Navpoint1 Dist!

I never used tasker in practice, but hope this will be useful ...

photo

Thats actually what im using at the moment, which does work, it means from locus starting a tasker task, which polls constantly the navigation data, and compares it to see if tehers a change, but its quite clunky.

Mostly this is to get bearing comparson to vibrate when phoen is facing the correct way...

I was wondering as anytime locus anounces guiding/navigation changes, theer are anouncements, whether those anouncements could post to taker

For navigation, where polling could happen less frequently this would work.

i might try and get some more interest for my bearing beep idea......

photo

I also did it with the Tasker addon. Constantly querying Navipoint 1. But I was not completely satisfied. The best would be if a signal comes from Locus to Tasker. But I don't know if this is possible.
At the moment I do it with Logcat. There I catch the media message that Locus sends to Android. But under Android 13 this only works with constantly generating permissions via PC. At every reboot and now and then also at other times. This I have not yet figured out. It's just stupid when I sit on the bike and it does not work.

photo

Exactly, thats why i havent tried anything with logcat, permissions with A13 is really annoying, so many things are broken with tasker, join, locus etc...not the developers fault of coarse but googles....

even adb wifi to set the permiisons each time is a pain....

a signal from locus to tasker would fix this...

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file