Convert to navigation waypoint → edit this waypoint
I wish there was a way to quickly edit the waypoint created using "Convert to waypoint" in "Modify track". My usecase:
- plan a route using offline brouter without instructions, as brouter's notion of "this intersection doesn't need an instruction" is insane (likely applies to any other routing engine as well)
- go through the route and manually add instructions wherever they are really necessary (no instructions at known parts of the route, detailed instructions with specific hints like what to expect on a guidepost at unknown parts of the route)
- navigate along this route, with these hand crafted instructions/hints being displayed somewhere (in my case a Wahoo RFLKT) a few hundred meters in advance
Currently step 2 is a bit of pain. In old route builder/editor, the process is like this:
- select a point
- 🔧 → Convert to navigation waypoint → select instruction
- tap the new point and select it from a chooser between the track and the point
- ❱ → edit → change the name → save
- tap the point again and select the track from the chooser
- ❱ → Modify track
In the new beta route builder, there is an additional "exit Modify track" step between 2 and 3, making it even more painful.
Would it be possible to either immediately enter the edit waypoint screen after converting to navigation waypoint, or make it accessible without exiting track modification and selecting the waypoint and then having to enter track modification again?